Since 1967, The Arc Umatilla County has made life better for individuals & families!
- 1967 – Subisidized the instructor’s salary for the first class for “trainable mentally retarded children,” launching the integration of special-needs children into Umatilla County public schools
- 1973 – Purchased the first two residential group homes in Umatilla County for adults with developmental disabilities
- 1983 – Sponsored the first Infant Stimulation Courses through the ESD
- 2002 – 2007 Assumed the responsibilities of the Umatilla – Morrow County Lifespan Respite Network
- 2003 – Present Started the first Summer Recreation and Inclusion Program for children with intellectual and developmental disabilities in Umatilla County
For over 40 years, The Arc has assisted in education, vocational training, health care and recreation for thousands of Umatilla County individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.